The Jindhagada Peak is the tallest peak of Eastern Ghats, located in the beautiful Araku Valley of Andhra Pradesh. Jindhagada Peak is also the highest mountain peak of Andhra Pradesh with an elevation of 1,690 m (5,540 ft).
Jindhagadha – Highest peak of Eastern Ghats
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type02 Days
Group Size Medium Group
The Eastern Ghats, are a discontinuous range of mountains along India (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India)’s eastern coast. The Eastern Ghats run from West Bengal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Bengal) state in the north, through Orissa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orissa) and Andhra Pradesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andhra_Pradesh) to Tamil Nadu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_Nadu) in the south passing some parts of Karnataka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnataka).
The Jindhagada Peak is the tallest peak of Eastern Ghats, located in the beautiful Araku Valley of Andhra Pradesh. Jindhagada Peak is also the highest mountain peak of Andhra Pradesh with an elevation of 1,690 m (5,540 ft). Araku Valley is well known for natural beauty and coffee plantation but the place is one of the least explore in India.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner on the trek.
- Local Guide Charges
- Tent Accommodation
- Accommodation in the Tent. Separate tents for Ladies and Gents. And 3 per per tent.
- Entire round trip charges from Vizag to Vizag.
- All meals from start of the trip till end.
- Any transport to / from till meetup point.
- Any meals in trains and bus.
- Mineral water bottles.
- Sleeping Bags/Blankets in case of camping.
- Any additional sightseeing chages other than the mentioned under inclusions.
- Items of personal nature like mineral water, beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours & excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, wherever applicable unless mentioned in the inclusion.
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the ‘Tour Price Includes’ column.
- No Travel insurance.
Sec-bad to Vizag Train
We will take Godavari Express which departs from Hyd at 5.15pm. In case anyone wants to join directly at Vizag on thier own they can.
Have breakfast at Vizag
Take private transportation from Vizag to Araku & then to trek Base point
Reach Araku. Have slight lunch.
Reach Base and start trekking
Reach the peak & have tea and snacks.
Settle in the tents and freshen up.
Dinner and Campfire.
Star Gazing and Sleep.
Wakeup call. Hot Ginger water served. Freshen up, enjoy the sunrise and views.
Pack the bags and have Breakfast.
Trek down to Base.
Reach Base village. Freshen up.
Lunch in the local village with some local dance. Bamboo chicken served.
Visit Chaparai Waterfalls, Borra Caves.
Start back to Vizag.
Reach Vizag. If time permits go to the beach.
Catch train to Hyderabad.
Back to Hyderabad.
Over Night Trip
- Backpack to put all your things in.No hand luggage so that your hands are free.
- 3L water.
- Sun Cap
- If rainy season, Raincoat/Poncho for yourself with rain cover for bag
- Trekking /sport shoes with extra pair of socks [Preferably shoes which cover till your ankle]
- Torch / Headtorch
- 1 track pants/ loose trousers – full length & a T Shirt and other Toiletries needed.
- Mosquito Repellent.
- Toiletries required – Add Sunscreen
- Sleeping bags or 2 blankets are must.
- Personal medicines.
- Energy bars/ ORS
- Dry Fruits, Carrots, Fruits, Dates to munch.
- Photo Id (any valid card with your photograph and signature on it)
- Signed Disclaimer form.
We will be providing tent accommodation. Each tent will have to accommidate 3 persons. Ladies and Gents will have separate tents. In some treks we will be staying at local village houses. Please see inclusions on the type of accommodation provided.
We will not provide sleeping bags. You need to get yours or 2 blankets, one to put on the floor and one to cover yourself up with.
Anyone fit and is able to walk for 4-5 hours can do this trek. Just have an attitude of not giving up. We take a age limit of 18+.
Wear something loose and comfortable. Do not wear any bright colours but wear natural colurs to blend with nature. Get a good sun cap to protect your self from sun. Always good to wear full hads and full lengthtrousers to avoid scratches. If its rainy season a raincoat or poncho is a must.
Walk minimum 30 minutes daily. If you are going on a long trek see that you can jog for 30 mins . From 2 days before the trek Dehydrate yourself by drinking lot of water . Sleep well the night before.
We suggest participants to get gear based on the season. We suggest you go over the things to get section in the earlier tab.
Not on this trek as its a short one. But do pack light and keep it below 5 kgs. But if you have any excess luggage you can leave it at the base and take it the next day once we return.
Not unless it is explicitely mentioned in the trek overview.
Mostly we serve vegeterian and local food based on the availability. Breakfast is mostly bread, Jam, fruits. Lunch is rice, dal and vegetables. Dinner basedonthe campsite sometimes we take packed food or we serve on the top.
An organizer will accopany the group at all times and also based on a trek a local will be with the group.
We will be using nature. But to keep the place clean we request all trekkers to go a bit away form campsite and also to cover up with soil after they are done.
We will not have water sources. We advice the trekkers to carry 3L of water while trekking.
Mostly the network would be down on the trail and the peak. At the base sometimes we get BSNL network.
We advice people not to wear new shoes on a trek. A good trekking shoes is preferred which are available in any popular trekking goods stores.